inside my sketchbook and challenge #75

It's been ages since I've done an "inside my sketchbook" so I've combined my challenge with a couple of pages of my sketchbook.

First, here's my challenge

 Micron, Prismacolor pencils

During our trips this summer I have kept a daily journal of sorts.  These pages were done in a town called Coombs on Vancouver Island.  On the west side of Coombs is a really nice waterfall called Little Qualicum Falls.  To the east is a town called Parksville which has Rathtrevor Beach, when the tide is out the sandy beach goes for miles.  We also visited Cathedral Grove in MacMillan National Park which is home to the oldest trees on Vancouver Island, some dating over 800 years!


 And this sketch is of the BC Parks mascot - Jerry.  I wanted to try the technique of making the lines "fuzzy".  You may need to click the photo to enlarge to see what I mean.

We have rainy weather in the forecast for the next week so hopefully I'll find some more time to tangle!
~ joey ~

Link up your sketchbook photos below!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, i love the rainbow colouring and then the way it protrudes onto the border

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~